Full Professor of Machines and systems for Energy and the Environment. Director of the CARe (Center for automotive research and evolution) and Head of the Mechanics and Energetics Department at Gugliemo Marconi University.
- President of the IASS - Italian Association for Sustainability Science.
- Former Section and Research Group Coordinator in the sector of systems for Energy and the Environmental and Scientific Head of national and international research projects at the Sapienza University of Rome.
- Author of the popular science book “La Società No Oil” (The No-Oil Society) and scientific text “Energy Systems in the Era of Energy Vectors” in English, published by Springer and distributed in all major international markets, also translated into Chinese.
- Specialist automotive innovation and research journalist for newspaper La Repubblica.
- Creator and President of the H2R - Mobility for sustainability Scientific Committee.
Lecturer in “Energy systems for mobility”, “Management of energy production and distribution networks”, “Energy Conversion and Distribution system Safety” and “Environmental Impact of Energy Systems” and member of the DME (Mechanics and Energetics Department) Committee at Gugliemo Marconi University.
Mechanical Engineer and Doctor in “Energetics” in the Faculty of Engineering at the Sapienza University of Rome.
Was responsible for the “Innovative Energy Systems for Motor Vehicles” module in the Vehicle Engineering masters programme at the “Enzo Ferrari” Engineering Teaching Facilities in the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Research and Professional Collaboration Activity with the Sapienza University of Rome, in research projects of national and international relevance.
Scientific Head of the European FP7 project for the Sapienza University of Rome: PlanGridEV - Distribution grid planning and operational principles for EV mass roll-out while enabling DER integration.
Organisation and scientific coordination of conferences and events to promote, nationally and internationally, Hydrogen, Renewable Sources, Automotive.
Author of various articles for major international science journals and for major Italian and international conferences in the sector.
Co-author of teaching and scientific texts published by Springer and Elsevier Science.
Director of Research at the Italian National Research Council, expert engineer in the study of high-efficiency and low environmental impact energy systems, with particular reference to technologies for renewable energy and hydrogen. Lecturer on the “Environmental impact of energy systems” course at Marconi University.
Since 1996 has directed the “Nicola Giordano” CNR-ITAE - Institute of Advanced Technologies for Energy in Messina. Has directed the Energy and Transport Department of the Italian National Research Council and is President of the SiciliaNavtec Technological District.